Whatever your career goals may be, Honeywell offers the opportunity to work with advanced technologies, global customers, and the most innovative, talented minds in the industry. Your career path with us can encompass diverse, challenging assignments that span product lines, job types, businesses and countries.
Honeywell's global customers, broad range of industries and innovative technologies combine to offer you dynamic career opportunities with tremendous growth potential.
The main duties of Project Engineer are as follows:
- This role will provide single point of accountability for assigned engineering scope on CNS projects and be accountable to Engineering leadership and Program Management for execution of all engineering work, and for working within the established program hierarchy when making key decisions.
- This role will include leading, controlling and guiding project development teams (including subcontract management) from kick-off through to completion, and includes both hardware and software design, while supporting all phases of integrated product development and support (IPDS).
- Responsible to develop a project engineering MOS to drive the program schedules, cost and quality
- Responsible for providing technical directions to teams and to oversee the progress of the deliverables
- Responsible to address the barriers / bottlenecks in the program/project execution
- Responsible for the program progress reporting & escalations, proactive actions based on leading indicator triggers
- Responsible for incorporating the improvement targets in the QEs and continuously strive to reduce the basis of estimates over time in the program
- Identifies and leads actions to capture critical Design Knowledge.
- Build relationships and collaboration with business partners and all stakeholders in SBG’s / SBU’s
- Contributes to product strategies, technology roadmaps and improvements in engineering quality and productivity
- The position is based out of HTS India Bangalore and require short term travel.
- Minimum 1 year in project engineering role.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Engineering (Communications/Computer Science/Electronics)
- Experience leading multi-functional engineering teams within a global matrix organization. Self initiative to reach out to team and form effective working relationships.
- Experience with preparation and execution of project plans, schedules, cost estimates, baseline change management, risk mitigation, technical design reviews, management reviews, customer coordination meetings, cost/schedule/status reporting. Implementing corrective actions as necessary to achieve commitments.
- Ability to represent Honeywell to external customers, including certification authorities, industry representatives.
- Ability to grasp technical concepts rapidly. History of understanding avionics life cycle, requirements, development, test, flight test, certification. Experience in each element of the lifecycle is required.
- Should have excellent communication skills, able to understand the project risks well ahead, take necessary actions.
- Knowledge of Honeywell organization and PE role and responsibilities.
- Experience supporting technical proposals preparation and estimating process.